Job Summary for Production Assistant:
The primary goal of the Production Assistant (Shop Floor) is to work with the area supervisors to assist them in production activities and in coordinating and expediting the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to the production schedule. Openings are available in Laser Cladding and Laser Welding/Marking departments. On the job training may be provided for qualified candidates.
Education/Experience of Production Assistant:
- A high-school diploma or GED is required.
- A 2 year technical degree or a college degree is preferred, with a focus in manufacturing or business, or equivalent combination of education and/or manufacturing experience.
- Experience working with an ERP system is desired.
Qualifications of Production Assistant:
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good basic math skills
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing concepts and terminology.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and blueprints
- Basic knowledge and use of hand tools, and QC tools and guages.
- Basic understanding of metallurgy
- Ability to move heavy objects ( 50 lb or more)
- Ability to use various machine shop tools, including computer console/computer controlled machines.