MANUFACTURING COST ACCOUNTANT
Job Summary for Manufacturing Cost Accountant:
Responsible for Estimation and Review of cycle times, and accuracy of manufacturing costs. Review and analysis of machining processes, process plans and production flow. Review reports for cost accounting and analyze product costing, variance analysis, and inventory reporting. Should be familiar with metal cutting/machining processes
Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing technology, industrial engineering, or accounting/ or equivalent experience.
Qualifications of Manufacturing Cost Accountant:
- 2+ years professional experience in manufacturing.
- Required: experience in a machining environment.
- Computer/software literate.
- Handle complex calculations
- Knowledge of accounting methods for determining overhead
Essential Duties of Manufacturing Cost Accountant:
- Review the time and materials spent on all jobs going through production.
- Report any missing overhead costs and/or corrections needed on costs related to equipment and processes to the accounting manager.
- Review and analyze profit and loss reports on jobs from the cost accounting reports.
- Recommend changes to the manufacturing methods, tooling, routes, to the production and sales departments.
- Estimate how much a particular job should cost so it can be properly quoted to a customer.
- Compile cost data for budgeting purposes.
- Act as a resource to operations regarding cost accounting issues.
- Assist with physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
- Perform other directly related appropriate duties as assigned.