MACHINIST (MANUAL OR CNC)
Air Conditioned environment/ Clean professional work place
Job Summary for Machinist:
Seeking experienced 1st shift Manual or CNC Machinist who is a highly skilled worker, to make precision parts from blueprints. Machinist must have knowledge of working properties of metals, and experience with various machine tools; able to plan and conduct the operations needed to turn stock materials into intricate parts, which meet precise specifications.
CNC Machinist must be able to set up, program, edit, and operate computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines such as lathes and milling machines.
Education and/or Experience needed for Machinist:
Top pay for highly qualified, experienced machinist.
- High school diploma (preferred) or GED. Minimum 1 year experience as Machinist. Apprenticeship programs, vocational training, or technical college would be a plus. Pay will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Machinist include the following:
Qualifications of Machinist:
- Machinist works from blueprints, drawings and other specifications to calculate dimensions and tolerances for planning and laying out work, and to set appropriate feeds and sequences of operations.
- Machines parts to specification using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers or grinders.
- Monitors the feed and speed of machines during the machining process, compensates for materials, conditions or variations on standard procedures, making sure parts are properly lubricated and cooled, and that machine is working properly.
- Complies with all safe machining practices and company policies.
- Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments to measure, examine and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
Math and Language Skills:
- Working knowledge of diverse materials and basic understanding of metallurgy.
- Working knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Working knowledge of QC tools and gauges.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret commonly used machine shop concepts, practices and procedures and to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines.
- Solid Math foundation
- Technical Certificate (desired)